Yesterday was Rachel's first trip to a movie theater. I can't say that I am totally surprised that she couldn't sit still through most of Charlotte's Web, but at least it was a Summer Movie Express for all ages at Regal Cinemas. My kid was not the only one making a fuss, but she did try to steal the show.
In all fairness to her, she did make it through at least the first half-hour and was impressed by all the little creatures in the movie (Dakota Fanning excluded). Then, I had to take her out for a diaper change. Stupid me, I decided to get snacks while we were out. Needless to say it was not easy trying to get back into a crowded aisle with my hands full of snacks and a tantrum-throwing toddler. I decided to just make my way all the way to the top of the stadium and sit in an empty row, leaving my friends and their obedient kids to wonder "what happened to Baby Rachel?" There, in isolation, she had her snacks and a multitude of fits because I refused to let her run up and down the aisle stairs. We managed to get to the end of the movie and then I high-tailed it out of there.
I think the most fun Rachel had on this adventure was getting chased around the theater lobby by my friends' boys (ages 2 and 4). If this is a sign of things to come, please kill me now.

1 comment:
Eric is STILL asking for Rachel. He said he needs to go to the movies and find her. lol. I think another playdate is in order!
Post a Comment